Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Woodstock Altecs.....

  1. #11
    HB Super Moderator
    Woodstock Altecs.....


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Woodstock Altecs.....

    In those pics it looks like they had just as much gear for the musicians as the crowd with the 311-60 sectorals/bass bins for the musicians and the multicells/bass bins for the crowd.If you look at the crowd all the way to the back it is quite a distance to reach that far with those stacks would be quite a feat I would think.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Woodstock Altecs.....

    It's still that way. Stage volume is insane. In ear monitors are helping to change that - at last!

    I remember a drummer (don't remember the band) who had an EAW650 on each side as his drum fill! Ouch!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member sba2's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2009
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woodstock Altecs.....

    sba2, wonderful pictures! Thanks for putting them up.

    I'm glad too because in the 3rd picture with Joe Cocker on stage there is an object I've always been curious about. What is the furniture-grade cabinet sitting on stage almost in the center?

    Can someone please satisfy my years long curiousity about this thing?
    I'm pretty certain it's not a podium....it is always on stage during performances.


    Russ

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woodstock Altecs.....

    For me the highlight of the movie was Mike Shrieve's butt-kicking drum solo on "Soul Sacrfice".

    Damn I wish I could have heard that live.

    Russ

  6. #16
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woodstock Altecs.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Russnohio View Post
    ...What is the furniture-grade cabinet sitting on stage almost in the center?

    Can someone please satisfy my years long curiousity about this thing?

    Russ
    Allow me to introduce you, Russ, meet Leslie.

    She has quite a voice on her, doesn't she?
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  7. #17
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Woodstock Altecs.....

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    Allow me to introduce you, Russ, meet Leslie.
    Ah! Beat me to it. Captain Foldback's Hammond and Leslie Page!

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Leland's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2009
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woodstock Altecs.....

    I spotted that too. Its a Leslie.....a spinning horn speaker.

    Damn....Hendrix looks so young.

  9. #19
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Woodstock Altecs.....

    Thanks so much guys! Appreciate it very much.

    Russ

  10. #20
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Woodstock Altecs.....

    I'm probably gonna get razzed for this one, but have any of you fellas happened to see the clear plexiglass leslie on the DVD Prince-Rave Un2 the Year 2000?
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.